CNA Part Time
|Position:||CNA Part Time|
Come grow with us! Friendship Village is looking for motivated team players to join our extraordinary nursing team!
MUST BE CERTIFIED
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Documents care electronically via EMR
- Successful completion of a State approved geriatric nursing assistant training program. Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred. Registration with State registry required.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to document care given.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs.. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.