|Location:||Chesterfield & Sunset Hills|
The Charge Nurse is an RN/LPN who is responsible for the overall nursing care/service on his/her shift, including the accurate and timely administration of medications, treatments, documentation and emergency calls, as indicated.
FRIENDSHIP VILLAGE fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We treat everyone with courteous respect. (KINDNESS)
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, holding ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important, starting with a warm greeting, by name and with a smile.
- We pay attention to details.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises direct care of residents and nursing personnel on his/her shift.
- Administers direct care as necessary.
- Gives and receives shift reports.
- Rounds during the shift to assure proper care is rendered in a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps physicians and families aware of changes in resident’s condition.
- Assists in developing comprehensive care plans.
- Maintains the self respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all care rendered.
- Responds to resident emergency call system.
- Interfaces with other disciplines to assure continuity of care and services.
- Accompanies physicians when making rounds.
- Encourages restorative care in order to obtain maximum resident independence.
- Participates in family/resident counseling as necessary.
- Assists with the orientation and evaluation of nursing personnel.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Assures proper functioning of equipment and adequate supplies.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
RN/LPN currently licensed in the State. At least 6 months nursing experience in long term care setting preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.