CMT Part Time
|Position:||CMT Part Time|
Come grow with us! Friendship Village is looking for motivated team players to join our extraordinary nursing team!
MUST BE CERTIFIED
Essential Job Duties:
Certified Nurse Aide Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Gives treatments, perform tests, carryâ€‘out procedures and collect specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
Certified Medication Technician Duties:
- Safely prepares, administers, and charts oral, topical, and suppository drugs. The medication aide who prepares the medicine administers same.
- Checks and prepares each dose immediately preceding administration.
- Follows administration protocol:
- Checks medication with transcribed or original order.
- Checks all information on label or package for accuracy and clarity.
- Clearly identifies the resident with proper medication.
- Considers the following when administering a medication.
- General use of the medication
- Therapeutic action
- Usual dosage
- Factors modifying dosage and effects
- Precautions and contraindications
- Antidote, if known
- Route and frequency of administration
- Signs of deterioration of the medication
- Checks with the charge nurse if there are any questions regarding any medication.
- Records administration of the medication on resident’s medication administration record. Discards medication refused or otherwise not given and records on medication administration record.
- Reports medication errors or reactions to medications immediately to the charge nurse, who, in turn, reports to the resident’s attending physician and completes the necessary documentation.
- Performs accurate pulse and blood pressure and recognizes their significance in drug therapy.
- Administers PRN medication only under the following directives.
- FOR NON-LEGEND (OTC) DRUGS
May be administered without prior permission
- FOR LEGEND PRN DRUGS
CMA informs the charge nurse who first makes a bedside assessment; documents that assessment on the clinical record; giving permission of the CMA to administer medication; or charge nurse administers same.
The CMA charts PRN medication on the medication administration record and in the nursing notes.
- FOR NON-LEGEND (OTC) DRUGS
- Signs and has access to the controlled schedule drug cabinet.
- Administers medication only upon a written physician’s order.
- Transcribing physician’s original orders to medicine charts or kardexes;
- Administering any parental medications;
- Administering any substances by nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes;
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Successful completion from a State approved geriatric nursing assistant training program. Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred. Registration with State registry required.
- Successful completion of State approved Medication Technician Course, and when applicable, the continuing education course.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to document care given.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs.. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.