The Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items as per standardized recipes.
- Prepares all soups, stocks, and sauces; boils, braises and roasts items as per standardized recipes.
- Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed, and baked items as per standardized recipes.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and sees that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
- Maintains assigned work station in a sage and sanitary condition.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.