|Location:||Chesterfield & Sunset Hills|
Job Title: Utility Worker/Dishwasher
Department: Food Service
Reports to: Executive Chef
The Utility Worker/Dishwasher performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dishwashing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies.
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We treat everyone with courteous respect (kindness).
- We maintain high levels of professionalism – holding ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important, starting with a warm greeting, by name and with a smile.
- We pay attention to details.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs, under the direction of supervisory personnel, dish and pot washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non- food supplies.
- Reports any dish machine malfunctions immediately.
- Sets up the dish and pot washing area.
- Prepares for dishwashing and washes pots, dishes and utensils.
- Distributes and stores clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Cleans and maintains area by grease container and garbage dumpster.
- Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Sweeps and washes kitchen floors.
- Empties trash containers as required and washes containers on a daily basis.
- Maintains standards for personal appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Prefer some dishwashing experience but will train for same.
- Ability to set up and operate dishwashing equipment.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Continuous exposure to steam, heat, noise, moisture, etc.
- Moderate physical effort which requires continuous lifting of 10 pounds with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Carrying, pulling, pushing, stretching, bending, walking short distances and standing for long periods of time.
- Protective clothing is provided. Injuries are improbable and limited to burns, bruises, abrasions and other minor injuries.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.