The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking activities, dietary standards, the quality and nutritional value of foods prepared and maintaining a positive, courteous work environment for staff and residents.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervises kitchen personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of kitchen staff. Selects, trains, evaluates and recommends/carries out discipline to all kitchen personnel.
- Develops menus and assures implementation of these menus. Maintains a high quality food service program for the resident and Village Care Center dining rooms.
- Ensures that the Food and Beverage department meets all standards in accordance with Local, State and Federal Health Survey process. Ensures F & B personnel are trained in and carry out efforts in this process.
- Assures staff education is provided to kitchen employees in accordance with the staff education program. Provides on-the-job training for food preparation and kitchen employees.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices, including but not limited to, MSDS information, infection control, universal precautions, and the Disaster Plan Manual.
- Develops work assignments for all kitchen personnel, assigning special jobs and spot checking work to insure standards are met.
- Promotes team work within the department and between department to ensure smooth operations and quality service to resident, co-workers and guests.
- Supervises production, sanitation and food service to apartment residents and Village Care Center residents. Ensures that all food production, storage and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, federal and state regulations
- Maintains essential records including menus served, number of meals served, requisitions for raw food products plus other appropriate reports, schedules, studies, etc.
- Responsible for vendor selection, maintaining vendor relationships, inventory controls and maintaining minimum/maximum par levels.
- Monitors temperature of meals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standardized recipes and menu specifications.
- A minimum of five years experience as an executive chef or sous chef in a hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid mathematical background and an understanding of measurements and conversions.
- Post-Secondary Courses in Restaurant Management Nutrition or related field. Degree or Certificate from a culinary institute required.
- Must be Serve Safe Certified.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.