The grounds keeper is responsible for all aspects of the grounds and the equipment used to maintain a presentable grounds appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assures that the ground are well-groomed and free of trash, debris and hazards.
- Assures that walkways are clean and clear of hazards.
- Trims, prunes and shapes various trees, bushes, shrubs and plants, as directed by the Department Head.
- Assists, during winter, with snow removal efforts.
- Maintains outside water lines and equipment as necessary.
- Maintains the appearance of outdoor signs, parking lot lines, center read lines and direction-of-travel indicators.
- Maintains all tractors, mowers, snow-blowers and other outdoor vehicles and equipment in good working order.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs all specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.