Maintenance Technician II
|Position:||Maintenance Technician II|
Position Title: Maintenance Technician II
Department: Plant Operations
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Maintenance Director
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for the troubleshooting and intermediate repair of apartment and public area HVAC equipment along with the overall upkeep of residential apartments and public areas through responsive, accurate and efficient maintenance. This will be accomplished through the performance of semi-skilled tasks that require the application of general maintenance and repair techniques, materials, tools and equipment.
Friendship Village Sunset Hills fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We treat everyone with courteous respect (kindness).
- We maintain high levels of professionalism – holding ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important, starting with a warm greeting, by name and with a smile.
- We pay attention to details.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Friendship Village employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES: Included but not limited to:
Essential Job Duties: Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine and emergency repairs in residential apartments and public areas including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
- Performs necessary maintenance of HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer's recommendations.
- Respond to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Will assist other Maintenance personnel, when necessary, in the completion of various projects or repairs.
- Assists in maintaining proper levels of material/supplies for neighborhood assigned to ensure the timely and efficient completion of necessary tasks.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and "on-call" overtime as necessary.
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance, and Dir. of Facility Services in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation the community.
- Attendance is essential to this job. Must also maintain dependability and punctuality as outlined in Attendance policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a working knowledge of residential building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, flooring and appliances. Must have knowledge of HVAC. Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability of effectively work with residents and staff. High School or GED. Should possess 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a residential apartment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Standing on one's feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push and pull, and climb and descend a ladder to 6/8 feet or higher. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to occasional unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated chemicals).
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.