Working in accordance with established policies, procedures, and/or instructions from the Director of Plant Services and the Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for all aspects of building maintenance and building refurbishment as indicated under the Essential Job Functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular Attendance is required
- Perform preventative and general maintenance as directed the Plant Director
- Utilizing the WORX System accomplish all work in order of priority set by the Plant Manager and document completion of work orders, parts used and other related information as required.
- All work is to be performed in a professional manner, including high quality work practices, safety, neatness, thoroughness, follow up and clean up.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Must follow all safety and lockout-tagout procedures.
- Must know where personal protective equipment is located and use it when needed and as required.
- Must use and operate all tools, vehicles, equipment and property in a safe manner and maintain items in proper working condition. Notify Plant Manager and Assistant Plant Manager of repairs/replacement needs.
- Must know responsibilities during fire alarms, fires, tornadoes, bomb threats and other emergencies as outlined in the Friendship Village Disaster Plan.
- Expected to work cooperatively with staff from all departments. This includes meeting needs of Friendship Village residents to maintain a clean, safe and secure home environment. Intense cooperation and strong team work effort is necessary with co-workers within the department.
- Required to report maintenance work needed and to notify Plant Manager of needed equipment or supplies.
- Must supply own hand tools.
- Required to carry a two-way radio during working hours and a pager if assigned by the Director of Plant Operations and the Maintenance Supervisor. Each are supplied by Friendship Village and expected to be secure and maintained in working condition.
- Keys assigned are to be maintained in a secure manner at all times.
- A uniform is supplied by Friendship Village and is required to be worn. A professional, clean appearance is expected. The employee identification badge is to be worn with photograph visible at all times.
- Follow all rules as outlined in the employee handbook and all other policies of Friendship Village of Sunset Hills.
- Attend all in-services as assigned.
Education: High school diploma required. Trade school background preferred. Abilities to read, write, perform arithmetic and communicate effectively. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions in English.
Experience: Two years of maintenance experience required. Experience in electrical and plumbing required.
Initiative: Duties require following multiple instructions and standard operating procedures. Efficiently managing routine duties and maintenance projects is needed.
Physical Demand: Moderate physical effort involving heavy lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis, frequently lifting or moving average weight material. Walking, standing, kneeling and stooping required much of the time. Will be exposed to varying degrees of noise, heat, cold, rain and snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs. Visual and hearing acuity required.
Safety: Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents to everyone.
Work: Responsible for on work. Maintains direct contact with residents and other staff. Must be courteous, friendly and helpful.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.