Medicare Home Health
When you are recovering from a serious illness or injury, wouldn’t it be nice to get the care you need in your own home, sleeping in your own bed, instead of in the hospital? Home health care makes that possible! Qualified Medicare-certified home health care has no copay and no cost to the patient.
FV At Home provides a wide range of health and supportive services including professional nursing, physical, occupational, and speech therapy and medical social work. Each service must be prescribed by your doctor as part of a written plan of care.
When would you benefit from Medicare Home Health? When can FV At Home help you?
- Following a stay in the hospital, recovering from an accident, surgery, or serious illness.
- When you have just been diagnosed with a chronic disease like heart failure, respiratory or kidney disease, diabetes, or Alzheimer’s disease.
- When you have complex medical treatments, requiring the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
What will it cost?
If you are an eligible Medicare beneficiary, Medicare will cover 100% of home healthcare costs, if you meet the following conditions:
- Reasonable and Necessary – You must be under the care of a doctor who has signed an order for the treatment or service.
- Required Skill – You must have had a recent illness, injury, or worsening medical condition which requires skilled nursing, physical therapy, or speech-language pathology on a limited, part-time basis; or occupational therapy for a continuing need.
- Intermittent Care – Your care must be needed on a limited, part-time basis, not for an extended period of time.
- Homebound – It must take a considerable and taxing effort for you to leave your home and when you do, it must not be very often and only for short periods of time. For instance, leaving your home for religious services does not disqualify you from being considered homebound.
- If your care is medically necessary, ordered by your doctor, and meets the coverage requirements, Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans will usually pay for home health care services.
FV Home Care, in partnership with HAH agencies, are Medicare-certified, state-licensed, and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). FV and our partners are consistently ranked among the top home health agencies in the United States by Home Care Elite™.
You can feel at ease knowing that you are in the hands of a qualified health care professional, backed by the 40-year reputation of Friendship Village.
Call 888.328.0743 or email FVatHome@FriendshipVillageSTL.com today to learn more.