|Location:||Chesterfield & Sunset Hills|
This position is responsible for leading the staffing efforts at all Friendship Village communities. The Recruiter will help build a strong workforce that contributes to the company’s success and bottom line. This position will work collaboratively with Department Directors and Hiring Managers to ensure immediate and future recruitment needs and priorities are met. This position will be accountable for recruitment targets based on key business initiatives and industry standards. The Recruiter will assist in promoting Friendship Village’s reputation as a “best place to work”.
Other duties may be assigned. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Builds strong relationships with Leadership, Department Directors and Hiring Managers to become an integral and trusted partner in maintaining a high performing, qualified, and motivated workforce.
- Develops sourcing and recruitment strategies, targets and timelines based on company and/or specific department needs and priorities.
- Using both traditional and non-traditional resources, proactively sources and recruits candidates using active and passive techniques including: other companies, professional organizations, cold calling, employee referrals, community agencies, colleges/universities, diversity sources, community networking events, job fairs, online sources, and advertising/marketing programs.
- Identifies and supports internal employees interested in opportunities within the organization.
- Builds and maintains a pre-screened and qualified applicant pipeline.
- Screens applicants over telephone and/or in person, conducts personal interviews utilizing behavioral interviewing techniques, and tests applicants (where appropriate).
- Assesses and documents applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Assists Hiring Manager with interview process including scheduling and coordinating interviews.
- Conducts regular follow-up with Hiring Managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Analyzes and reports on recruitment and retention metrics and trends by collecting data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved.
- Coordinates a cost-effective advertisement campaign as needed. Effectively utilizes recruitment related marketing tools.
- Acts as a trusted and reliable point of contact for candidates during the interviewing and selection process.
- Prepares and extends offers of employment, negotiates salary, start dates, and relocation as needed within established guidelines with guidance from the Hiring Manager and other Leaders as needed.
- Ensures candidates (internal and external) not selected receive timely notification.
- Assists in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An associate or a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience sourcing, recruiting and interviewing qualified candidates for non-exempt and exempt level positions from a variety of sources; healthcare experience preferred.
- Experience with technology/systems that support the recruiting function, including word, excel, internet job boards, databases, and technology related resume search criteria.
- Knowledge of Human Resource practices as well as Federal and State laws related to employment with particular knowledge of recruitment as it relates to Affirmative Action.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing recruitment and retention metrics and the ability to recognize trends and develop solutions.
- Must have flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed to screen potential candidates and manage recruitment events.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with managers and candidates.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required, along with the ability to multi-task and be detailed oriented.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.