FULL TIME AND PART TIME AVAILABLE
|Location:||Chesterfield & Sunset Hills|
Position Title: Part Time/ Full Time Security Officer
Department: Plant Operations
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Security Supervisor
The Security Officer is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all residents, visitors, staff and protecting Community property. Responsible for verifying the scheduled presence of all employees, and third party contractors on the grounds.
Friendship Village Sunset Hills fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We treat everyone with courteous respect (kindness).
- We maintain high levels of professionalism – holding ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important, starting with a warm greeting, by name and with a smile.
- We pay attention to details.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Friendship Village employees are expected to promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual and Vocational. Through these efforts we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body and soul, which may also have a positive effect on the employees, as a result.
Essential Job Duties:
- Makes scheduled rounds both inside and outside the buildings to maintain a secure environment for residents and their property as well as company property.
- Responds to all fire alarms and apartment emergency calls.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with residents, family members, visitors, and personnel to assure that security procedures meet the needs of the facility.
- Assists with special security needs as they arise involving employees, visitors, and other members of the community.
- Provides written report of any community incident during the shift that Director of Facilities and other administration may need to be aware of.
- Maintains entrances in facility for safe passage at all times. Shovels and keeps clear exit door walkways during and after snowstorms.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor. Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Performs light maintenance as time allows such as changing light bulbs, touch up painting and similar assignments.
- Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Reports all incidents/accidents immediately. Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions equipment immediately. Assures that established safety regulations are followed at all times. Recognizes unsafe conditions and takes action or reports conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information to assure HIPAA policies are followed and resident rights are protected. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality. Follows all aspects of Standards of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Utilizes proper use of body mechanics and personal protective devices.
- Meets or exceeds internal and external customer service expectations and promotes the continuous improvement philosophy of the department and community.
- Consistently demonstrates adherence to Infection Control policies and procedures in all aspects of performance.
- Uses equipment, services and supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Participates in quality assurance and continuous improvement programs.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to facilitate team functioning.
- Ability to read, write, and understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and in accordance with established protocol.
- Must have or be willing to be trained in first responder and first aid training.
- One year experience in security preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light to moderate physical effort 90% of the time; may be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain, snow); ability to lift 50 pounds; ability to walk 90% of the work day; ability to stoop and stretch occasionally; must observe universal precautions.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.