|Location:||Chesterfield & Sunset Hills|
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Dining Room Manager, Bistro Manager, Dietary Manager
The Server is responsible for table service in the Community dining rooms, which include the Main Dining Room, Bistro, Village Care Dining Rooms, and areas throughout the campus where food and/or beverages may be served.
FRIENDSHIP VILLAGE fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We treat everyone with courteous respect. (KINDNESS)
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, holding ourselves and one another accountable.
- We make you feel important, starting with a warm greeting, by name and with a smile.
- We pay attention to details.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Essential Job Duties:
- Sets tables and maintains workstations in proper order.
- Takes orders, provides service and requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Clears dishes from tables during and after meal service.
- Answers pertinent questions about menu items.
- Prepares therapeutic desserts and salads, as required.
- Serves meals in the health care center, as scheduled.
- Transports hot and cold foods to and from the healthcare center, as needed.
- Transports all required non-food items to and from the healthcare center, main dining room, and bistro, as needed.
- Maintains sanitation, hygiene and safety standards.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of customer service for our residents and their guests.
- Assists with dish washing and distribution of clean dishes, if needed.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Completes all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Maintains station equipment and work area in safe and sanitary conditions.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner. Must be able to do simple mathematics.
- Experience waiting tables in a hotel, restaurant, country club with fine dining is preferred; will train.
- Experience serving in a healthcare facility is preferred; will train.
- Ability to plan and organize work, set up trays and plates in accordance with diet orders and interpret specifications and standards.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, tact, and graciousness.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the workday; must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull tray/bus/transport carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. May be exposed to extreme temperatures from the ovens and freezers. Must be able to see, hear and speak. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B virus, and offensive odors.
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet the standards of care and service.